Registers and Archives
When Registers are full at St. Thomas' Church, they are kept on site for a number of years, before being taken to Manchester Archives and Local Studies Unit in Manchester Central Library for Storage. Other Parish Documents are treated in the same way:
The following items are currently kept in Manchester Central Library:
- Baptisms 1845-1925 (MFPR 2158)
- Baptisms 1925-1942 (Archives GB127.L219)
- Baptisms 1942-1965
- Marriages 1856-1872 (MFPR 2158)
- Marriages 1872-1910 (MFPR 2159)
- Marriages 1910-1945
- Marriages 1945-1973
- Banns of Marriage 1930-1962?
- Confirmations 1904-1991
- Preachers' Books & Registers of Services 1879-1986
- Parish Magzines 1883-1921
- List of Gifts to Church & Record of Events 1860-1964
- Churchwardens' Accounts 1928-1987
- Annual Vestry Meeting Minutes 1880-1981
- Parochial Church Council Minutes 1920-1950
- Official Parochial Register 1900-1909
- Sunday School Teacher's Minutes 1913-1932
- School Managers' Minutes 1873-1903
- School Managers' Cash Book 1878-1905
More recent registers and items are likely to be located in St. Thomas' Church.
This data was retreived from http://www.gmlives.org.uk/results.html#imu[rid=ecatalogue.240373].
The data covers two linear meters of the Fonds Collection, identifier: GB127.L219 - unless otherwise stated.
The Church was consecrated on 21 November 1855
Some registers available online: http://collections.ancestry.co.uk/search/UK/ManchesterArchives
You may also want to try Lanchashire Births, Marriages and Deaths for further information. The site has a searchable index of many births marriages and deaths in the region.